Sunday, February 4, 2007

Message from Karin!

I wasn't home when Karin called today. Here's some of what she left in the message: Things are going well. Yesterday she was woken up by Ravi because the lead physician was sick... So Karin had to be the lead at the clinic - on her first clinic day in the Himalayas! Worked out well apparently. In other news, she is already sick of the food. Everyone is very nice. And Harry and Anjum are doing well.

She said she would try to call me tomorrow. So stay tuned for a full update!

Meanwhile, back in North America, I spent the weekend out of town. In Chicago today - as I was passing through - it was ZERO degrees FAREINHEIT! And blowing! I have not felt cold like that in a looong time. I think with wind-chill it was about zero degrees Kelvin. I also got to spend time driving in a complete white-out for the first time in a decade or two. Drove about 1 mile in an hour. There just isn't a lot of that in San Diego (high today here was apparently 75).

No comments: