Monday, January 29, 2007

Almost Packed; Still No Final Itinerary


I promised "at least daily" posts and now it's after midnight on the east coast and it's only Day 2. I apologize but David Zemans and his wife Cathy unexpectedly appeared from Singapore. I really did have to see them. I also got to meet some cool people who live here in San Diego but I shouldn't mention their names without asking for permission first but it can't hurt to say they are affiliated with a gallery, right? But I digress...

When last I posted, Karin was planning on packing. And pack she did. Here is the picture I promised of some of the gear that she is hauling. The picture, of course, does not include her clothing, shoes, toiletries, and all of her other personal items.

We did not get quite as far with our itinerary unfortunately. So far we have established that we will meet either in Kerala or Delhi. There is a good chance that we will stay at the Master Guest House in Delhi, though there is such a wide range of accommodations available.

Tonight Karin is on call - as in she will not be home until after midnight. She is working late again tomorrow night. Wednesday night will be our last evening together as Karin departs Thursday morning for Delhi. I will post a link to a graphic flight tracker (or I will embed it if I can figure out how) on Thursday so you can check her progress if you so choose.

There's a lot of nervous excitement here, people. Karin is going to be really really far away, in a radically foreign environment, with little access to modern communications.

1 comment:

Anjum said...

Where's the hair dryer?