Tuesday, January 30, 2007

HARRY TAKES LAST MINUTE STAND: I WILL NOT TRANSPORT COOKIES TO INDIA!


I hate getting shots so it is with great displeasure that I find I need the following: Hep A, Hep B series, Tetanus diphtheria Pertussis, Inactivated Polio, Typhoid, Measles Mumps Rubella, Meningitis, and possibly Japanese Encephalitis and Rabies. Add to that the Malaria and.. well there was something else but I've blocked it out. I just don't like when people stick pieces of metal into my body and then force a mysterious liquid into me. I use skin as a barrier to these things. In fact I use all kinds of things as a barrier to entry into my body. It just doesn't seem right that just because someone is wearing a white coat I will actually pay them to violate me. It takes immense concentration for me to overcome the natural inclination I have to A. Run away, B. Demand to be able to stick them back, C. Beg for mercy, and D. Cry like a schoolgirl.

It's Tuesday evening now. We are 36 hours away from Karin's departure. I picked up a few last minute things for her - a water filter, hiking shoes, a camera (our little guy apparently lost a fight with some concrete recently).

And this just in: Karin just sent word that Harry has flat out refused to bring cookies and chocolates that had been prepared for her to receive in Delhi. If that seems trivial to you, you have not tasted Karin's mother's cookies.

As for my research, I just happened upon a great collection of pictures and information from Rolf Gibbs' India experience. The Indians can sleep anywhere pics are pretty entertaining.

And just to ensure that this is an entirely disjointed post, the picture below is of Karin taking a mid-packing break. The pic above is of Karin wearing her pack (or vice versa).

1 comment:

bcbc said...

I bet this is what so many people feel when they go the doctor - I love it.

The pack is wearing Karin, btw..

Cheers!