Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On My Way to Mumbai

Mail & newspaper on hold. House secure. Plants watered. Everything turned off. Online accounts in vacation mode. Everything packed. Work files under control. Actually, one of my clients called me at home yesterday. I really dislike that. But in this case it was for a good cause - a demand letter I had written seems to have worked even though I had put it in the outbox after hours on Friday. I called my office and left word to stop the letter if it hasn't gone out.

I'm at the airport awaiting my flight: SAN-JFK-LHR-BOM. The first two flights are on AA and the last flight is on BA. While I do enjoy flying, this is going to be one long trip.

Update: At JFK now. Uneventful flight. They showed The Prestige. This airport is way overheated. Maybe they forgot to turn down the heat now that the one week of actual winter weather has passed. I'm in a t-shirt and I'm warm. The Jet Blue terminal is still surrounded by television crews. Probably leftover from the fiasco last week.

Picture is from the plane as we taxied to our gate at JFK.

No comments: